Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What I will not be doing - Exercises yuck!

Omg, most of the physical therapy sites out there are experts in this or that. They tell you all about the exercises to do and why they are important. And yes, they are important, but what I fail to see in many resources, is why?! As clinicians we get so caught up in the process that we rarely see what the end result or goal is. Is it really someone's goal to be able to do x number of exercises? Or is their goal more functional and their goal is to simply be able to get out of bed and go to the bathroom by themselves? Or to be able to make it to Target for that Sat sale? What I will not be doing in this blog is to tell you what exercises to do because you can get that from a ton of other places. I'm going to give you some insight from my perspective into what it is to be a home health physical therapist. Besides, 90% of the people don't do the exercises anyways.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brad! Welcome to the world of blogging :)
    I'm so glad you were my PT, because of your style of therapy. Since our last meeting, I have been out several times, and have done more around the house. I can almost get around the house without the cane. I also stopped taking the pain pills last weekend, and while there is slight pain, I think I can get along without them.

    Hey, I even cooked dinner last night!

    Keep your blog going, I'm sure it will be very helpful, pass it on to your patients :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete